Randolph L. Moses
708 Dreese Laboratory
Department of Electrical
and Computer Engineering
The Ohio State University
2015 Neil Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210 USA
Phone: (614) 292-1325
Fax: (614) 292-7596
Winter 2008 Schedule:
10:30-11:30 am MWF, in Room 133 Caldwell Laboratory
Students in the class can access the course web page through Carmen.
Office Hours: 12-1pm MWF and by appointment
Email: For course-related email, please begin the subject with "ECE805: "
- B.S. (1979), M.S. (1980), and Ph.D. (1984) degrees in Electrical
from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- NATO Postdoctoral Fellow at Eindhoven University of Technology,
The Netherlands, 1984-85.
- Summer Faculty Research Fellow, Rome Air Development Center,
- Visiting Researcher, Systems
Group, Uppsala University, Sweden,
- Research Scientist, Air Force Research Laboratory, Dayton, OH, 2002-03
- Visiting Researcher, Signals and
Systems Group, MIT, Summer 2003 and Summer 2005.
Stochastic digital signal processing; spectral estimation; time
analysis; parameter estimation; statistical properties of algorithms;
signal processing. Applications to automatic target recognition and
sensor networks. Most of this research is conducted with colleagues and
in the Information
Systems (IPS) Laboratory. Current research efforts include:
- Feature extraction for automatic target recognition (ATR) from
ATR performance analysis.
- Self-localization of sensor networks.
- Object detection and tracking using sensor networks.
For a list of publications, click here
Honors and Society Memberships
- DARPA Award for Research Contributions to the MSTAR Program,
(co-recipient with Prof. Lee Potter).
- College of Engineering Research Accomplishment Award, 1997.
- Lumley Research Award, College of Engineering, The Ohio State
1995 and 1991.
- Harrison Faculty Award for Excellence in Engineering Education,
of Engineering, The Ohio State University, 1992.
- Honorable Mention, C. Holmes MacDonald Outstanding Teacher Award,
- Outstanding Technical Report Award, ElectroScience Laboratory,
State University, 1990.
- Member of Eta Kappa Nu, Tau Beta Pi, Phi Kappa Phi, and Sigma Xi
- Senior Member of IEEE.