Randolph L. Moses
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Ohio State University
161 Hitchcock Hall
2070 Neil Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210 USA
Phone: (614) 688-8136
CV: Download CV
- B.S. (1979), M.S. (1980), and Ph.D. (1984) degrees in Electrical
from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- NATO Postdoctoral Fellow at Eindhoven University of Technology,
The Netherlands, 1984-85.
- Summer Faculty Research Fellow, Rome Air Development Center,
- Visiting Researcher, Systems
Group, Uppsala University, Sweden,
- Research Scientist, Air Force Research Laboratory, Dayton, OH, 2002-03
- Visiting Researcher, Signals and
Systems Group, MIT, Summer 2003 and Summer 2005.
Statistical signal processing; sensor array processing; signal detection and estimation; applications to radar signal processing and sensor networks. This research is conducted with colleagues and students in the
Systems (IPS) Laboratory.
For a list of publications, click here
Honors and Society Memberships
- IEEE Fellow, 2010.
- IEEE Signal Processing Magazine Best Paper Award, 2009.
- Best Paper Award, International Conference on Distinguished Computing in Sensor Systems, 2009.
- Lumley Research Award, College of Engineering, The Ohio State University, 2007, 1995, 1991.
- Best Paper Award, Information Processing in Sensor Networks 2004.
- DARPA Award for Research Contributions to the MSTAR Program, November 1997 (with Prof. Lee Potter).
- Harrison Faculty Award for Excellence in Engineering Education, College of Engineering, The Ohio State University, 1992.
- Member of Eta Kappa Nu, Tau Beta Pi, Phi Kappa Phi, and Sigma Xi honor societies.
Recent Professional Service
- American Society of Engineering Education,
- Member, Board of Directors, 2014-2016.
- Engineering Research Council Board of Directors, 2009-present. Chair, 2014-2016.
- IEEE-USA Research and Development Policy Committee, 2013-present. Vice Chair/Chair Elect, 2015-present.
- National Academy of Science Committee on Science and Technology for Defense Warning, 2012-2014.
- National Academy of Science Panel on Digitization and Communications Science, 2012.
- External Review Panel, Wright State University Engineering PhD Program, 2012.
- National Academy of Science Panel on Sensors and Electron Devices, 2011-present.
- External Advisory Board, North Carolina A&T State University, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2010-2014.
- Sensor Array and Multichannel (SAM) Technical Committee, IEEE Signal Processing Society, 2008-2014.
- Data to Decision Study Group, Institute for Defense Analysis, 2010.
- Technical Review Board, US/UK International Technology Alliance Program, 2008.
- Industrial Advisory Board, EWI, Inc., 2008-present.