Wei Zhang is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH. He received a B.E. degree in Automatic Control from the University of Science the Technology of China (USTC), Hefei, China, in 2003, and a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, in 2009. He also received a dual Master degree from the Department of Statistics, Purdue University, in 2009, focusing on probability theory. Between January 2010 and August 2011, he was a post-doctoral researcher in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, University of California, Berkeley.
His research draws on the diverse methods from control theory, optimization theory, and game theory to aid in the analysis and design of complex dynamical systems. One main focus is on control and estimation of deterministic/stochastic hybrid systems, with an emphasis on applications in energy systems and intelligent transportation systems. Another focus is on differential game theory for applications in verification and design of safety-critical systems and multiagent control under adversarial uncertainties.
- July 15, 2014: Started a joint appointment with the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- June 17, 2014: Attended the annual review for the Control of Complex Systems Initiative (CCSI) at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- February 6, 2014: The 3rd Midwest Workshop on Control and Game Theory (WCGT 2014) will be held here at OSU. (Flyer)
- January 23, 2014: Visited the General Motors Global Research & Development, Warren, MI
- January 2, 2014: new graduate course ECE7850 Hybrid Systems: Theory and Applications
- December 16-17, 2013: Attended the 2013 National Workshop on Energy CPS
- December 3, 2013: Talk: "Dynamic Characterization of PEV Fleet Capacity & Microgrid@CAR", SMART@CAR annual meeting, Center for Automotive Research, OSU
- July 20, 2013: Appointed as Associate Editor of the Conference Editorial Board, IEEE Control Systems Society
- April 10, 2013: Awarded Air Force Summer Faculty Fellowship to work at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio.
- Dec. 6, 2012: Talk: "Vehicle to Grid Half as Virtual Storage", SMART@CAR annual meeting, Center for Automotive Research, OSU
- Oct 12, 2012: Talk: "Aggregation of Hybrid Systems for Demand Response Modeling, Analysis and Control", Energy System Group, Battelle, Columbus, OH
- Oct 8, 2012: Site visit to the AEP's Dolan Technology Center
- Oct 2, 2012: Talk: "Differential Game Approach to Planning in Adversarial Scenarios", Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, OH
- Sept 12, 2012: Talk: "Automatic Control in Electrical Engineering", IEEE Lecture Series, IEEE student chapter at OSU
- June 15, 2012: Talk: "Aggregation of Hybrid Dynamical Systems for Demand Response Modeling and Control", Workshop on Smart Grid Controls, Optimization, and Economics, Pacific Northwest National Lab
- April 17, 2012: Talk: "Control and Optimization of Hybrid Dynamical Systems", Center for Automotive Research, OSU
- Jan 31, 2012: Talk: "Aggregate Modeling for Demand Response", Webinar, Pacific Northwest National Lab
- Dec 12, 2011: Talk:"Aggregate modeling for demand response", Smart Grid Workshop, Center for Energy, Sustainability, and Environment (CESE), OSU
- Nov 10, 2011 : Talk: "Control of Complex Dynamical Systems", Dept of EECS, CWRU
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Ohio State University
Office: 404 Dreese Labs, 2015 Neil Ave., Columbus, OH, 43210