- Dr. Adam Rich, 4D MR flow imaging (post-doctoral
student, co-advised with Rizwan Ahmad)
- Azer Shikhaliev, radar signal processing
- David Tucker, radar signal processing
- Shen Zhao, phase contrast MRI (R Ahmad, co-advisor)
- Mary Lenk, pilot tone for cardiac MRI
- Undergraduate design team: Sarah Greenbaum, Joy Smith, Brandi
Downs, Daniel Wharton, Shiqi Yang, Jingong Huang, David Giffin, Luke
Smith, Aaron Pycroft, Dana Miller
Past PhD Students
and dissertation documents available by searching for author online at the OSU library.)
- Adam Rich. OSU Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio
PhD17, “Bayesian Models for Practical Flow Imaging Using Phase
Contrast Magnetic Resonance Imaging.”
- Michael Riedl. MIT Lincoln Labs, Lexington,
PhD16, “New Approaches to Ground Moving Target Indicator
- Derya Gol Gungor. EchoLabs, Palo Alto,
PhD14, "Subspace Techniques for Parallel Magnetic Resonance
- Subhojit Som, Data Scientist, Azure
Machine Learning, Seattle, Washington
PhD10, "Sparse Reconstruction and Applications to Electron
Paramagnetic Resonance Imaging.''
- Kerry Dungan, Senior Research Engineer, Wright State Research
Institute, Dayton, Ohio.
PhD10, "Feature-based Vehicle Classification in Wide-angle Synthetic
- Ravi Rajagopal, Broadcom, Irvine, California.
PhD03, "An Algebraic View of Multidimensional Multiple-Input
Multiple-Output Finite Impulse Response Equalizers."
- Ashutosh Sabharwal, Professor, Rice University,
Houston, Texas. IEEE Fellow.
PhD99, "Model Based Signal Processing for Communications and
Ertin, Research Associate Professor, Ohio State University, Columbus,
PhD99, "Polarimetric Processing and
Sequential Detection for Automatic Target Recognition Systems."
- Timothy R. Miller, Chief Technical Officer, Applied Signals Intelligence Inc.,
PhD99, "Detection, Estimation, and Discrimination of Frequency
Diverse Targets in Ultra-Wideband Synthetic Aperture Radar Data."
- Michael J. Gerry, Vice-President of Air Traffic Systems
Products, SAAB Sensis
Corporation, East Syracuse, New York.
PhD97, "Two-Dimensional Inverse Scattering Based on the GTD
- Da-Ming Chiang, Engineering Manager, Intel, San Jose,
PhD96, "Parametric Signal Processing Techniques for Model Mismatch
and Mixed Parameter Estimation."
- Daniel F. Stewart, Principal Engineer, Qualcomm,
Raleigh-Durham, NC (S.C. Ahalt, co-advisor)
PhD94, "Minimal Time-Frequency Localization Techniques and their
Application to Image Compression."
Past MS Research
- Shen Zhao, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
MS17, "Chinese Remainder Theorem for Phase Unwrapping, with
application to Magnetic Resonance Flow Imaging" (co-advised with R.
- Frank Golub, Ford Motor Company, Detroit, Michigan.
MS13, "An Estimation Technique for Spin Echo Electron Paramagnetic
Resonance." (co-advised with R. Ahmad).
- Rebekah Farrar, LISNR,
MS13, "Bayesian Inference via Low-Dimensional Manifolds for
Attributed Data Points." (co-advised with Emre Ertin).
- Jason Palmer.
MS12, "Dual-scan acquisition for accelerated continuous-wave EPR
oximetry." (co-advised with R. Ahmad).
- Taylor Williams, Knowles Foundation Teaching Fellow,
Beamer HS, Federal Way, Washington
MS12, "Compressive Sensing for Tomographic Echo Imaging in Two
- Christie Bryant, Matrix Research, Inc., Dayton,
MS10, "Multiple-Input Single-Output Synthetic Aperture Radar and
Space-Time Adaptive Processing,'' (co-advised with E. Ertin).
- Amrita Ghosh, Amazon, Seattle, Washington.
MS10, "Optimum Waveform Scheduling with Software Defined Radar for
Tracking Applications,'' (co-advised with E. Ertin).
- Stephen Yen, Battelle
Memorial Research Institute, Columbus, Ohio.
MS07, "Parametric estimation using electron paramagnetic resonance spectral
models of over-modulated Lorentzian absorption and dispersion
- Samir Sharma, Toshiba
Medical Research Institute, Cleveland, Ohio.
MS07, "Three Dimensional Parameter Estimation from Sparse, Multi-pass
Synthetic Aperture Radar."
- Linda Moore, Air Force Research Laboratory, Dayton,
MS06, "Three-Dimensional Resolution for Circular Synthetic
- Subhojit Som, Data Scientist, Azure Machine Learning,
MS06, "Parametric Approach to Spectral-Spatial Electron Paramagnetic
- Petru Cociorva,
Microsoft Corporation, Seattle, Washington.
MS06, "Preconditioners for Sparse Linear Inversion."
- A. Tansu Demirbilek,
Risk Manager, North Asset Management, London, England.
MS02, "Three Dimensional Estimation of Scattering Centers from
Magnitude Radar Images."
- Oguz Demirci,
Senior Research Engineer, Sony, California.
MS02, "Parametric Modeling of Polarized Synthetic Aperture Radar
- Anurag Jain, Epic Systems, Madison, Wisconsin.
MS01, "On the Design of Wideband Arrays."
- Jawaharlal Tangudu, Texas
MS00, "Back Projection Algorithms for Ultra Wideband Radar
- Ravikiran Rajagopal,
Broadcom, Irvine, California.
MS00, "Exact FIR Inverses of FIR Filters."
- Brian Rigling, Professor, Wright State University,
Fairborn, Ohio. IEEE Fellow.
MS00, ``Physics, Fisher and Phase: Information Content in SAR Images.''
- Michael Geile, VP Advanced
Waveforms, Raytheon BBN Technologies, Cincinnati, Ohio.
MS96, "Investigation of Non-Parametric Techniques for Resolving
Localized Point Scatterers from Radar
- Harvey Zien, Principal
Engineer, Broadcom, San Diego, California (R.L. Moses, co-advisor).
MS95, "Clutter Statistics and Detection of Targets in Ultra-Wideband
Synthetic Aperture Radar Imagery."
- Ashutosh Sabharwal, Professor,
Rice University, Houston, Texas.
MS95, "Constrained Signal Reconstruction."
- Timothy R. Miller, Chief Technical Officer, Applied
Signals Intelligence Inc., Vienna, Virginia.
MS94, "Radio Frequency Interference Suppression for Foliage
Penetrating Radar Imaging."
- Chung-Chi Li, ITRI, Hsinchu, Taiwan.
MS93, "Electrocardiogram Signal Preprocessing for Noninvasive
Diagnosis of Arrhythmia Vulnerability."
- Szi-Wen Chen, Assistant
Professor, Dept Elect Engineering, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
MS93, "Prony Modeling for Signal-Averaged
- Da-Ming Chiang, Engineering Manager, Intel, California.
MS92, "Non-Redundant Channel Coding for Vector Quantization."
- Sergei Preobrazhensky.
BS12, "Optimizing Acoustic Array Beamforming to Aid a Speech
- Taylor Williams.
BS11, "SONAR Imaging using Compressive Sensing."
- Danish Siddiqui.
BS11, "Comparison of Filtered Back-projections and Fast Factorized
- Gerardo Balderas. (J. Ash, co-advisor)
BS11, "Passive Time Synchronization in Sensor Networks using
Opportunistic FM Radio Signals."
- Sean Winfree. (Ash,
co-advisor) Senior Design Engineer at L-3 Communications, Mason,
BS07, "Angle of Arrival Estimation using
Received Signal Strength with Directional Antennas."
- Albert Joon-Soo Byun.
BS05, "Analog Signal Conditioning Design for a Wireless Data
- Abdul Rahman Kalash. (J. Ash,
BS05, "Design and Implementation of Network Localization Service
using Angel-Indexed Signal Strength Measurements."
Ahmad. Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering, OSU [google
Ash. Assistant Professor,
Electrical Engineering, Wright State University [google