Ethics and Professionalism
Ethics in Engineering
- Martin M.W., Schinzinger R., Ethics in Engineering, 4th Ed., McGraw-Hill, NY, 2005.
- Harris CE, Pritchard MS, Rabins MJ, James R, Englehardt E, Engineering Ethics: Concepts and Cases, Wadsworth, Boston, MA, 2014.
- S.H. Unger, Controlling Technology: Ethics and the Responsible Engineer, Sec. Ed., Wiley, NY, 1994.
- D.G. Johnson, Ethical Issues in Engineering, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1991.
- T. Forester and P. Morrison, Computer Ethics: Cautionary Tales and Ethical Dilemmas in Computing, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1992.
- K.L. Bowyer, ed., Ethics and Computing: Living Responsibly in a Computerized World, Second Edition, IEEE Press (and Wiley), Piscataway, NJ, 2001.
- M.J. Quinn, Ethics for the Information Age, Pearson Pub, NY 2004.
- P. A. Vesilind and A.S. Gunn, Engineering, Ethics, and the Environment, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, England, 1998.
- V. Weil, Beyond Whistleblowing: Defining Engineer's Responsibilities, Proc. of the Second National Conf. on Ethics in Engineering (1982), Center for the Study of Ethics in the Professions (Illinois Inst. of Tech., Chicago, IL 60614), 1983.
- J.D. Kemper, Engineers and Their Profession, Fourth Ed., Saunder College Publishing, NY, 1990.
- R. Cameron, A.J. Millard, Technology Assessment: A Historical Approach, Modular Series in Applied Ethics, Center for the Study of Ethics in the Professions, Illinois Inst. of Tech., Chicago, IL, Kendall-Hunt Pub. Co., Iowa, 1985.
- J.C. Patterson, D. Farrell, Whistleblowing: Ethical and Legal Issues in Expressing Dissent, Modular Series in Applied Ethics, Center for the Study of Ethics in the Professions, Illinois Inst. of Tech., Chicago, IL, Kendall-Hunt Pub. Co., Iowa, 1986.
- P. Wells, H. Jones, M. Davis, Conflicts of Interest in Engineering, Modular Series in Applied Ethics, Center for the Study of Ethics in the Professions, Illinois Inst. of Tech., Chicago, IL, Kendall-Hunt Pub. Co., Iowa, 1986.
- K.W. Blinn, Legal and Ethical Concepts in Engineering, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1989.
Professional Practices for Engineers, Scientists, and Their Employers, Inst. of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, United States Activities, 1828 L Street, NW, Suite 1202, Washington D.C., 20036-5104.
- Caroline Whitbeck, Ethics in Engineering Practice and Research, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1998.
- Palmer MD, Burgess SM, eds., (2012) The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to Religion and Social Justice, Blackwell Pub., NY
- Rawls J (2001) Justice as Fairness: A Restatement, Belknap Press, Cambridge
- Jacobs J (2009) There Shall Be No Needy: Pursuing Social Justice Through Jewish Law and Tradition, Jewish Lights Pub., Vermont
- Hallaq WB (2013) The Impossible State: Islam, Politics, and Modernity’s Moral Predicament, Columbia Univ. Press, NY
- Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Church (2005) Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, US Conf. on Catholic Bishops, Washington DC
- Sen A (2011) The Idea of Justice, Belknap Press, Cambridge
- Sen A (2000) Development as Freedom, Oxford University Press, England
- Riley D (2008) Engineering and Social Justice, Morgan and Claypool Pub., CA
- Baillie CA, Catalano GD (2009) Engineering and Society: Working Towards Social Justice, Morgan and Claypool Pub., CA
History, Philosophy, Culture
- J.D. Ryder, D.G. Fink, Engineers and Electrons: A Century of Electrical Progress, IEEE Press, NY, 1984.
- H. Freitag, ed., Electrical Engineering: The Second Century Begins, IEEE Press, NY, 1984.
- F. Nebeker, Sparks of Genius: Portraits of Electrical Engineering Excellence, IEEE Press, NJ, 1994.
- T.S. Reynolds, The Engineer in America, Univ. of Chicago Press, Chicago, 1991
- L.A. Hickman, Technology as a Human Affair, McGraw-Hill, NY, 1990
- D. Christiansen, ed., Engineering Excellence: Cultural and Organizational Factors, IEEE Press, NY, 1987.
- S.C. Florman, The Existential Pleasures of Engineering, St. Martin's Press, NY, 1976.
- S.C. Florman, The Civilized Engineer, St. Martin's Press, NY, 1987.