Prof. Mohammed Ismail founded the Analog VLSI Lab at the Department of Electrical Engineering, The Ohio State University, in 1988, when he joined the University. Since then the Lab has become a major research entity, recognized nationally and internationally in the areas of analog and mixed signal integrated circuit design. Since its establishment, the Lab has graduated numerous graduate students and hosted many visiting scholars from many countries around the world. It has made significant contributions to analog/mixed-signal research and development and has become recognized in conducting research work driven by problems in industry and in providing relevant and timely training to students, both graduate and undergraduate. Graduates of the Lab are highly sought by leading companies, organizations, research labs and universities around the world.
LATEST NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Alumni and friends of the Analog VLSI Lab met for dinner in downtown San Francisco during the International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC), held in February 2011. The dinner was held at Buca di Beppo and included lab graduates working in the Bay area, faculty at various local and international universities, and ISSCC attendees.
- Sleiman Bou-Sleiman, senior PhD student at the Analog VLSI Lab, was awarded the 2011 SBC Presidential Fellowship, the most competitive and prestigious scholarly recognition provided by The Ohio State University Graduate School. The SBC Presidential Fellowship recognizes outstanding scholarship and research ability and provides recipients with the opportunity to devote themselves to their dissertation research full time. (click here for announcement on OSU ECE website).
- Gursharan Reehal and visiting scholar Mohamed Abdel-Ghany received the best paper award at SOCC2010! Congratulations!
Latest publications: (for a complete list, see here.)
- T.-Y. Lo, C.-Ch. Hung, M. Ismail, “A Wide Tuning Range Gm–C Filter for Multi-Mode CMOS Direct-Conversion Wireless Receivers,” Solid-State Circuits, IEEE Journal of, Vol.44, no.9, pp.2515-2524, September 2009.
- S. Bou-Sleiman, J.G. Atallah, S. Rodriguez, A. Rusu, M. Ismail, "Optimal Sigma-Delta Modulator Architectures for Fractional-N Frequency Synthesis," Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems, IEEE Transactions on , vol.18, no.2, pp.194-200, Feb. 2010
- S. Bou-Sleiman, M. Ismail, "Multimode Reconfigurable Digital Sigma-Delta Modulator Architecture for Fractional-N PLLs," Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, IEEE Transactions on , vol.57, no.8, pp.592-596, Aug. 2010
- X. Yang, D. Chaillot, P. Roblin, L. Wan-Rone, J. Lee, H.-D. Park, J. Strahler, M. Ismail, "Poly-Harmonic Modeling and Predistortion Linearization for Software-Defined Radio Upconverters," Microwave Theory and Techniques, IEEE Transactions on , vol.58, no.8, pp.2125-2133, Aug. 2010
- J. Hu, W. Liu, M. Ismail, "Sleep-mode ready, area efficient capacitor-free low-dropout regulator with input current-differencing," Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, 63(1), 107-112, Aug. 2010
- J. Hu, M. Haffner, S. Yoder, M. Scott, G. Reehal, M. Ismail, "Industry-Oriented Laboratory Development for Mixed-Signal IC Test Education," Education, IEEE Transactions on , vol.53, no.4, pp.662-671, Nov. 2010
- J. Hu and M. Ismail, "A True Zero-Load Stable CMOS Capacitor-Free Low-Dropout Regulator with Excessive Gain Reduction," Electronics, Circuits, and Systems, 2010. ICECS 2010. 17th IEEE International Conference on, Greece, December 2010
- E. Kussener, F. Rudolff, F. Guigues, H. Barthelemy, W. Liu, J. Hu and M. Ismail, "50 nA, 1 V Nanowatt Resistor-Free Compact CMOS Current References," Electronics, Circuits, and Systems, 2010. ICECS 2010. 17th IEEE International Conference on, Greece, December 2010
- A. Akour, W. Khalil and M. Ismail, "Sub-THz High Gain Wide-Band Low Noise Amplifiers in 90nm RF CMOS Technology," Electronics, Circuits, and Systems, 2010. ICECS 2010. 17th IEEE International Conference on, Greece, December 2010
- A. Akour, W. Khalil, J. Volakis and M. Ismail, "A Compact Model for mm-Wave Transmission Lines and Interconnects on Lossy CMOS Substrates," Electronics, Circuits, and Systems, 2010. ICECS 2010. 17th IEEE International Conference on, Greece, December 2010
- S. Rodriguez, J. G. Atallah, A. Rusu and M. Ismail, "A 2.3-GHZ TO 5.8-GHZ CMOS Receiver Front-end for WIMAX/WLAN," Electronics, Circuits, and Systems, 2010. ICECS 2010. 17th IEEE International Conference on, Greece, December 2010
- Mohamed A. Abd El ghany, Gursharan Reehal, Darek Korzec, and Mohammed Ismail, "Power Analysis for Asynchronous CLICHE Network-on-Chip," 23rd IEEE International Systems on Chip Conference, September 2010 [BEST PAPER AWARD]
- J. Hu, W. Khalil, and M. Ismail, "Increasing Sleep-Mode Efficiency by Reducing Battery Current Using a DC-DC Converter," 2010 Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems, August 2010
- S. Bou-Sleiman, A. Akour, W. Khalil, and M. Ismail, "Millimeter-Wave BiST and BiSC Using a High-Definition Sub-Ranged Detector in 90nm CMOS," 2010 Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems, August 2010 [INVITED PAPER]