Welcome to OSU ECE's Nanotechnology and Electronic Materials (NEM) Area
Pictured above: (first row from left) Betty Lise Anderson, Steven Ringel and Wu Lu;
(second row from left) George Valco, Paul Berger, Leonard Brillson and Patrick Roblin.
Not Pictured are Siddharth Rajan and Roberto Myers.
Mark Your Calendars for the Following Events
sponsored by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
under their joint Columbus Chapter representing the
Electron Device Society (EDS) and the
Photonics Society (PHO)
2012-2013 EDS/Photonics Calendar
- Michael Shur, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Thursday July 25, 2013, 10am, Dreese Labs 260,
"Part 1: Terahertz Sensing Technology", EDS/Photonics Webinar.
- H.S. Philip Wong, Stanford University, Thursday July 11, 2013, 10am, Dreese Labs 260,
"Nanotechnology 101: Part 1", EDS/Photonics Webinar.
2011-2012 EDS/Photonics Calendar
- Kevin Chen, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Thursday May 3, 2012, 1:30 pm, Dreese Labs 260,
"Extending the Functionalities of AlGaN/GaN Heterojunction Devices", EDS/Photonics Lecturer.
- Ray Tsu, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Thursday April 12, 2012, 1:30 pm, Dreese Labs 260,
"Man-made Superlattces and New Opportunities", EDS/Photonics Lecturer.
2010-2011 EDS/Photonics Calendar
- Sanjay Krishna, University of New Mexico, Thursday May 17, 2011, 1:30 pm, Dreese Labs 260,
"The Infrared Retina: Bioinspired Sensing for Using Nanoscale Superlattices and Quantum Dots", EDS/Photonics Lecturer.
- Peide D. Ye, Purdue University, Thursday February 24, 2011, 1:30 pm, Dreese Labs 260,
"History, Current Status and Remaining Challenges of III-V MOS Technology", EDS/Photonics Lecturer.
2009-2010 EDS/Photonics Calendar
- Suman Datta, Penn State, Thursday April 22, 2010, 1:30 pm, Dreese Labs 260,
"Tunnel Transistor Based Energy Efficient Logic", EDS/Photonics Lecturer.
2006-2007 EDS/LEOS Calendar
- Subramanian S. Iyer, IBM Microelectronics Division, Thursday March 29, 2007, 1:30 pm, Dreese Labs 260,
"Beyond Scaling - Teaching the Old Dog some New Tricks!", EDS/LEOS Distinguished Lecturer.
- Vikram L. Dalal, Iowa State University, Thursday May 10, 2007, 1:30 pm, Dreese Labs 260,
"Physics and Technology of Nanocrystalline Silicon for Solar Energy Conversion", IEEE EDS/LEOS Distinguished Lecturer.
- Jack C. Lee, University of Texas at Austin, Thursday May 24, 2007, 1:30 pm, Dreese Labs 260,
"MOSCAP's and MOSFET's on III-V Channel Materials with Si, Ge and SiGe Interface Passivation Layer,"
EDS/LEOS Distinguished Lecturer.
2005-2006 EDS/LEOS Calendar
- Dr. Timothy Groves, Leica Microsystems Lithography, Monday, April 3, 2006 4:45pm, 260 Dreese Lab,
"The State-of-the-Art in Electron Beam Lithography and Future Challenges
- E. Fred Schubert, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Thursday, April 27, 1:30 pm, Room 1080 PRB i
(Smith Seminar Room), "Innovations in Light-Emitting Diodes for Solid-State and Smart Lighting
Applications," EDS/LEOS Distinguished Lecturer.
- Tak H. Ning, IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center, Thursday, May 18, 1:30 pm, Dreese Labs 260,
"Nanotechnology Opportunities in the Silicon CMOS World,"
- Mark Lundstrom, Purdue University, Thursday, June 1, 1:30 pm, Room 1080 PRB (Smith Seminar Room),
"Nanoscale Transistors: The Ultimate MOSFET and Beyond," EDS/LEOS Distinguished Lecturer.
Other Past Events or News
- IEEE Columbus Section, May 14, 2005.
"Nanotechnology in Ohio."
- The Ohio Nanotechnology Summit at the Columbus Convention Center (April 4-5, 2006). Early registration at a reduced rate ends March 17th.
- Dr. Steven J. Koester, IBM TJ Watson Research Center, Thursday, April 21, 2005 1:30pm DL 260, "SiGe Heterostructure
Devices: Overview and Outlook." Abstract
- Dr. Robert Chau, Intel Corporation, Friday, 1:30, March 11, 2005, 260 Dreese Laboratory, "Advanced Si
Nanotechnology and Emerging Non-Si Nanoelectronic Devices for High-Performance and Low-Power Logic Applications"
For more information, or suggestions, please contact the Chairman of the
IEEE Joint EDS/Photonics Columbus Chapter, Prof. Paul R. Berger
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at the Ohio State University.
Considering SSEP at Ohio State or Elsewhere, then take a look:
Links to Laboratories and Facilities
Area Academics (WARNING! OLD QUARTER SYSTEM)
Class Flow Chart for undergraduates and
graduate students in the area
Links to Solid State Electronics and Photonics classes
Last updated July 30, 2014.
Return to OSU's ECE's homepage